Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thanksgiving Greetings

Today's blog post will be different. I am going to share the letter that I sent to our church family today. The Spirit dealt with my heart this week concerning the need to focus on the things that are important and not to allow the unimportant events of life to capture all of my time. Each of us consistently talk about how quickly our life is disappearing. A day soon becomes a week; a week becomes a month; a month becomes a year and the years soon become a life time. I want to recognize those "good" moments as well as those "God" moments that have taken place during my time on planet Earth. My life is passing quickly but I am truly thankful for all of those wonderful people that God has placed in my life. I trust the following words cause you to stop, think and take action concerning the blessings that have come from God!!

Good morning on this day before Thanksgiving!! 

Ann and I wanted to take this opportunity and use this means to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers today. You have played a significant role in our lives and we are truly thankful that God has allowed our paths of life to intersect with each other. We pray that God will bless and encourage you as you celebrate with your family and friends on Thursday
 
Ann is planning a wonderful meal for tomorrow and I am looking forward to that very much. But let me remind you that the food you eat will not be as important as the people who are present to share the meal with you. We need to remember the important things and that is a challenge in this modern day and time. Status, occupation, possessions, finances, and selfishness is very evident in today's modern culture. But all of that "stuff" (Bro. Kenny's word of reminder) is only temporary and will disappear quickly enough. But love for one another and love to one another will endure the trials, battles, struggles and challenges of life. Take a moment tomorrow, look around the room and thank God for the wonderful people that God has placed in your life. Many of those special people will not be able to share a meal with you but they are deeply embedded in your memory bank. Take a few minutes and travel down the road of your memories and allow God to encourage and strengthen you.  I understand that life has given us memories of difficult moments but life has also given us many wonderful memories in which our lives were enriched by those people that God had deposited in our journey through life.
 
I wanted to share a passage of scripture with you. This Word of God has been speaking to me for the past few days and I felt that it could more appropriately express the feelings that we have in our heart for you and the impact that you have made in our lives. These words come from a prayer of thanksgiving through the pen of the Apostle Paul.
 
Philippians 1:3-11,  Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy,  for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now.  And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.  So it is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you have a special place in my heart. You share with me the special favor of God, both in my imprisonment and in defending and confirming the truth of the Good News.  God knows how much I love you and long for you with the tender compassion of Christ Jesus.  I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding.  10 For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return.  11 May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation—the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ—for this will bring much glory and praise to God. (NLT)
YOU ARE LOVED AND APPRECIATED!!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment