Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Thoughts on Tuesday

Philippians 4:6-7, Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.(NKJV)

I am thankful that God has provided us a "spiritual vehicle" that assists us in our navigation of the challenging times in which we are living. I am honest when I declare that I am very much concerned about the challenges that we are facing in America. There is such an undercurrent of "restlessness" in our nation. I am sure that many of the people who are experiencing this restlessness have what they surmise to be a "reasonable" explanation for their anxiety and they may even use this explanation to defend their actions or even their lack of action. I am not attempting to speak for them but I am writing today to speak for myself.

I am thankful that God has initiated the process that we call prayer and supplication. I will be honest and say that the enemy of our soul has done everything in his power to eliminate the understanding of prayer and supplication within the family of God. Many of us are familiar with the terms "Prayer Warriors or Intercessors." I define these brothers and sisters in Christ as individuals of various ages who feel a burden to pray for the needs of others. These are spiritual people who recognize the spiritual warfare that is taking place and they make a willful decision to engage our adversary through intercessory prayer and supplication. I personally know many of these individuals who are choosing this "lifestyle" of prayer because they recognize the victories that can be won through the intervention of the Lord God Almighty!!! 

I believe that during these times of prayer and supplication that God replaces our anxiousness, restlessness, fear, etc. with His "peace which surpasses all understanding." I understand and have identified some of the strategies of the enemy but I still believe that Christ is our Peace and that He is fully capable of bringing rest to this generation. I refuse to give up on the work of God being completed in this day and time in which we are living. I fully understand that there is a great battle between good and evil. I am not blind to this point of attack. I see it at work on a daily basis in America as a nation but I also see the effects in the lives of people that I am called to serve. 

BUT I HAVE FOUND HOPE AND COMFORT IN PHILIPPIANS 3. READ THE WORD OF GOD AND ALLOW THE SPIRIT TO DEPOSIT THE TRUTH DEEP INTO YOUR SOUL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment