Friday, November 18, 2016

Humor on Friday

Proverbs 17:22: A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.(NJKV)
Psalm 126:2-3, Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them. The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.(NKJV)
I believe this is the first time that I have made an intentional attempt to share some humor on this blog. I have been accused of being too serious on several occasions in my life and that I need to "loosen up" and relax. I will attempt that today via this blog. I really enjoy having fun and even laughing from time to time. I can remember times in my life that I truly needed what I have heard referenced as a "belly laugh." That term described a laugh that came from deep within our soul and it served as a temporary reprieve from the challenges of daily life. 
I truly sensed the Spirit dealing with my heart that someone today may need the "stress reliever" that a little humor may bring. The passages that I have shared today remind us of the importance to allow things that are merry and things that can bring laughter to our lives to play an important role in our lives. This is a very stressful world in which we live under daily pressures to succeed, to be productive at our job and to fulfill our responsibilities on a consistent basis. Let's face it; all of us need some "stress relief" from time to time. Here is my attempt to bring a smile to your face today. 
A dear sister in Christ who attends our local church shared this story with me a few days ago. You may have already read it or heard it but take a moment and allow your mind to drift away from your daily routine and allow yourselves a "laughter break."
A woman had just returned to her home from an evening of church services , when she was startled by an intruder. She caught the man in the act of robbing her home of its valuables and yelled: 'Stop! Acts 2:38!' (Repent and be Baptized, in the name of Jesus Christ , so that your sins may be forgiven.) The burglar stopped in his tracks. The woman calmly called the police and explained what she had done. As the officer cuffed the man to take him in, he asked the burglar: 'Why did you just stand there? All the old lady did was yell a scripture to you.' 'Scripture?' replied the burglar.. 'She said she had an Axe and Two 38s!' Send this to someone who needs a laugh today and remember: Knowing scripture can save your life - in more ways than one!

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND AND TAKE A MOMENT TO LAUGH!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment