Tuesday, September 19, 2017

This is NO TIME to be QUIET

I am sure that many of you who read this blog would concur with this following statement. The citizens of our nation are facing some very critical times without even referencing the political climate of America. The anger, frustration, hatred, division and acts of violence that have been simmering under the surface have now burst out into actions that are very troubling to the "average" citizen of our land. 

What should be the response of the people of God? What action or actions are we taking today that would portray, demonstrate, reveal and even declare our spiritual optimism? I have very little optimism from the natural point of view but my spiritual optimism is "over the top." And I am not embarrassed to declare that I am a " practicing believer" in the Great I AM and that I still believe He has the power to save, heal and deliver. 

I truly believe that the enemy is trying to interfere, hinder and even shut down one of the most powerful weapons in our arsenal of weaponry. The enemy seeks to hinder our praise, worship and offering of adoration to our Lord and Savior. He wants us to BE QUIET and he wants us to sheepishly walk away from the promises that have been revealed and declared in the Word of God. But I publicly declare that I refuse to go quietly and that I also refuse to walk away from the promises of God.

I am disturbed by the lack of interest in worship; the lack of interest in attending church; the lack of interest in prayer; the lack of interest in serving others; etc. We live in a world in which we will take time for ourselves but have very little time for God. The enemy of our soul is working to put the church to sleep and the Spirit of God is working to wake the church up. We have to choose between being put to sleep by Satan or being awakened by the Spirit. I know the choice that I am making; I desire to be fully awakened by the presence and power of the Holy Spirit.

The past two days the Spirit has placed songs in my Spirit as I was praying. Yesterday it was He's Able, He's Able and today it was one of the worship songs from our Sunday service, Great Are You Lord. I would like to share a few words from Great Are You Lord which was written by All Sons &  Daughters.

It’s Your breath in our lungs
So we pour out our praise
We pour out our praise
It’s Your breath in our lungs
So we pour out our praise
To You only

All the earth will shout
Your praise
Our hearts will cry
These bones will sing
Great are You, Lord
It is time for the people of God to shout unto God with a voice of triumphant!!

No comments:

Post a Comment