Saturday, April 10, 2010

Church

I was traveling yesterday and did not have the opportunity to make a post but the Lord dealt with my heart as I traveled. I want to share some thoughts about "church." Church is more than a building that houses a group of people. Church is more than a local body of individuals or an organizational structure. Church is more than a place that we attend for repititious religious practices. Church IS a group of people who have been united in Christ for the common goal of sharing the message of the Gospel with a world who is in desperate need of Hope and Grace. Church IS a group of individuals who are committed to share the genuine love of God through Godly actions and efforts to meet the needs of others that we see everyday of our lives. Church IS a group of individuals who are committed to reflect the character of God in all that they say and do on a daily basis. Church IS a group of individuals who are committed to edifying (building up, encouraging) one another through the power of Grace and Mercy. These are only a few of the thoughts that God placed in my heart as I reflected of my participation in the work of the "church". I truly desire to be a part of a "church" that has these and many other characteristics as a part of the lifestyle that they live out on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment