Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Personal Reflection

The meetings in Rockville, MD have been wonderful. Each evening has found us in the presence of God as the people of God begin to respond to Him in praise and adoration. I continue to be blessed and encouraged as I am able to see people respond to God and offer Him their sincere praise and thanksgiving. We must never take for granted the wonderful privilege to offer our praise to God. I know that I mention that often in these postings but I am convinced that our attitude of worship for God opens the windows of Heaven to our lives. God desires to hear and receive our adoration and worship. I want to make sure that I offer to God my sincere praise. Over the past four years I have attended many church services but I am still blessed to sit together with the family of God and hear the voices of the saints of God offer worship to our Saviour and Friend. Pastor Balram shared with me last night that eight (8) nationalities were represented in the service. It was such a blessing to sense the spirit of unity among the people and I was also able to identify the desire of spiritual hunger among the people of God. There was also a spirit of anticipation as we turned our hearts toward God and made our needs known to Him. This week has served as a great reminder and teaching moment in my life. We must always remember that the work of God and the Kingdom of God is far greater than our limited knowledge and view. Many of us live with such a "small view" of the Kingdom of God and in many cases the smallness of that vision hinders the full release of the blessings of God. Thank you Pastor Balram and Rockville congregation for encouraging the expansion of my view concerning the work of God in the hearts of His creation. I truly desire to be open to those things that God will reveal to us as He guides our journey. Pay attention to those "teaching moments" that God sends our way. God may send these to you in the grocery store, the ball field with your children, the work place with your fellow employees, or even among your own family. God can use these situations to cause you to interact with other believers and understand that God has many people who have a relationship with Him. God has much to teach all of us and we can certainly learn from one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment