Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Personal Thankfulness

Yesterday I took the opportunity to visit with my parents. I am blessed in the fact that my parents are still alive and that they are willing to serve as intercessors for this ministry journey. Not only do they pray for me and this ministry effort but they also serve as intercessors for each of their children and their families. I am thankful that I was brought up in a home that demonstrated the power of prayer and demonstrated the importance of prayer. This thought resonated in my heart as I drove away from their home and headed back to the location of the revival meeting. I am truly a blessed man regarding my family and the support that each of them have offered to me through the years. It is so easy to become complacent and not truly appreciate and recognize the contribution that each of them have made to our successful journey through life. Each of us should take the time and make the opportunity to share our love and appreciation with our family. I was also privileged to see my sister, her daughter and her grandchildren. It was truly a blessing to spend time with some of my family and realize that truly the blessings of God have been with me. Moments such as these remind me of the love that I have for my wife, my children and their families. It is a blessing to hear the voices of our family members speak encouragement and strength to us as we move through the challenges of daily life. The meetings in the Browntown church have reminded us of the need to trust in God and realize that we can bring our lives to Him regardless of what we are facing. He is the One we run to during the time of storms and adversity. I am glad that I know Him today. I am glad that He recognizes us as His children and we can walk in the strength of that identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment