Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to wish my Mother a Happy Mother's Day.  I am truly blessed that my Mother is alive and still a influence in my life and the lives of my family.  I also take a moment to honor my wife's Mother who passed away over 37 years ago.  Ann's Mother was also a wonderful Mother as well as an anointed prayer intercessor.  Both Ann and myself have been blessed through the great love, prayer, and concern that our Mothers have demonstrated to us through the years of our lives.  We are grateful for the example that they have set for us as they shared their love with their husbands as well as their children.

I also want to wish my wife a Happy Mother's Day.  Ann has been a great influence and example to our children and now our grandchildren.  I am blessed that God brought Ann into my life.  She has proven to be a person of integrity and faithfulness not only to God but also to her family.  She has provided the love, encouragement, prayer covering, and example that our sons have needed and now she continues to share those characteristics with our grandchildren.  Our complete life as husband and wife has been involved in the ministry with most of these years being served in the Pastoral side of ministry.  Ann has been an example to the people that we have served and she has served as a mentor/teacher to many of these individuals over the years.  Time and space will not afford me the opportunity to truly share the great love and respect that I have for my Mother and for my wife.  Proverbs 31:10 declares the thoughts of my heart, "Who can find a virtuous woman?  for her price is far above rubies?" (KJV)  Each of these ladies as well as Ann's Mother are priceless and I am grateful that God placed me in their lives.

I encourage you to take the time to express to your Mother as well as your wife your sincere appreciation and love for them.  Hopefully it does not take the celebration of Mother's Day to cause you to recognize the important role that they have played and continue to play in your life.  But Mother's Day does afford us the opportunity to make a special effort in letting these individuals know our true feelings of love and respect.  Let us love, respect, appreciate, and recognize the important investment that these women have made in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment