Friday, May 20, 2011

Judgment Day

Many of us have heard about the group of people who believe that tomorrow will begin a sixth month process of the end of the world.  Many pundits, talk show hosts, radio commentators, as well as ministry leaders have expressed their opinions regarding this issue.  Some of these opinions have both been positive as well as negative.  The purpose of this post is not meant to express my personal opinion on this issue but to express a warning that I believe the Spirit put in my heart yesterday. 

First, I believe that the people of God must live in a daily preparation for the return of Christ whether this return is a collective one for the church or a personal one through death.  We must also live out a daily commitment to the sharing of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  The responsibility of the church is to make sure that every inhabitant of this world has the opportunity to receive Christ as their personal Savior.  These two mandates must not get lost in the "fog of debate" concerning the validity of the view of the group which believes that Judgment Day will begin on Saturday, May 21st.

Second, we must not allow the debate concerning the validity of this belief to lose sight of the Biblical promise that Christ will return and take His people to be with Him for ever.  I still believe in the promise of the Rapture.  The Word of God still declares that Christ went away and that He will return again for those who are looking for Him to return.  The Bible still declares that there will be a terrible day in which the Judgments of God will be poured out on this world.  We must not allow these declarations of scripture to become obscured and lost in all of the confusion, derision, and speculation regarding the activities that are supposed to take place on Saturday.  We are still given the mandate to live with the understanding and knowledge that these events will take place and we need to make our lives count for Christ and His Kingdom.

Finally, let us live in the Hope that Christ is at work at this moment in our lives.  I must cherish the gift of life that God has given to me and recognize the gift of life that God has placed in my fellow human beings.  These recognitions allow me to live with the desire to fulfill the purpose and plan that God has for my life.  These recognitions help me to position myself to live for the good of mankind and not for the destruction of mankind.  These recognitions allow me to live with thanksgiving and praise flowing from my heart on a daily basis.  Regardless of what takes place on Saturday, May 21st let us live with the assurance that Christ is real and alive and that He still reigns in the affairs of mankind!  

No comments:

Post a Comment