Monday, May 16, 2011

Surgery Update

I am thankful for all of the prayers that were offered on my behalf concerning my surgery last week.  The Doctor felt that things went well and I now I am in the process of recovery which will require some intense therapy over the next several weeks.  I believe that I will be able to regain some more flexibility and mobility with my arm and hand.  It is your continued prayers that will support the therapy approach which will bring the healing that I seek.  I firmly believe that God is in charge of our lives and there is a reason that I have encountered this challenge in my life over the past 6 months.  God is faithful to His promises and He is always present even in times of challenge and trial.

I was able to share the Word of God this weekend at New River Worship Center.  I am very thankful for the physical strength and anointing that I sensed in my heart as I shared what God had placed on my heart.  As I finished the message I came to this understanding; there is a difference in the preaching of the Word of God and preaching from the heart of God.  The Word of God is always powerful and intense but there are moments in which we need to hear from the heart of God for that particular tine in our lives.  I believe that Sunday was one of those moments in which we needed to hear what was being spoken from the heart of God.  It is during those moments that we must focus our hearts on God so that we can hear what God is saying to us.  "He that hath an ear let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the church.."  Don't you believe that we need to take the time to listen to God?  Don't you believe that we need to take the time to put the Words of God into operation into our lives?  These are the days in which we are being compelled by the Spirit to examine our walk with Christ.  We must not grow cold or lax in our relationship with Christ.  The enemy of our soul is always interested in hindering our fellowship with Jesus Christ but we can conquer all of his tactics through the power and presence of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment