Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April 1

Psalm 14:1, "The fool has said in his heart, There is no God.” They are corrupt, They have done abominable works,There is none who does good." (NKJV)

This is not BREAKING NEWS but I thought that I would share it with you today. April 1st is April Fools Day. It is a day that is associated with pranks, deceit, and even some have been known to pull cruel and unusual tricks on the unsuspecting. I am not going to write a diatribe or essay about NOT having any fun. Believe it or not I do enjoy having fun and I have even been known to pull a few tricks on people to help brighten their day. Note: That is a fancy way of trying to excuse my acts of mischief.

BUT when it comes to God there is no foolishness connected to believing in Him. Foolish people try and look the other way and find reasons not to believe in God. But I am thankful that I am looking to God and His Word and finding many reasons to believe in God. God has revealed many things in my personal life that has strengthened and encouraged my belief in Him. I have also seen God reveal His presence in the lives of my family as well as the family of God and each of these events have strengthened my faith in God. The world may say that we are foolish and even weak minded to be identified as "believers in God." But I choose to refute those statements and cling to the promises of God.

One of the men of the church shared a brief testimony with me last Sunday morning. He said that He could sense and feel God "drawing him closer." Have you sensed that same call this week as you have reflected on the death, burial and resurrection of Christ? I truly believe that Jesus is calling but are we listening? Have we allowed the "foolishness" of this world interfere with our ability to hear the Call of the Good Shepherd? Stop what you are doing and see if you hear God speaking to your heart. 

I want to share some words that were written by Leonard Ravenhill, a noted author but also a great Minister in his own right. He shared many thoughts about the need of Revival in the church. I would like to share a few of his thoughts with you today as we reflect on our faith, trust and walk with Christ during this Holy Week.

"No man is greater than his prayer life.  The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying.  We have many organizers, but few agonizers; many players and payers, but few pray-ers; many singers, few clingers; lots of pastors, few wrestlers; many fears, few tears; much fashion, little passion; many interferers, few intercessors; many writers, but few fighters.  Failing here, we fail everywhere."  He adds: "If we displease God, does it matter whom we please?  If we please Him does it matter whom we displease?"

No comments:

Post a Comment