Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Post-Resurrection Musings

I have jumped right into another week of "normal" (I write that with a quirky smile on my face) Pastoral activity. Our part of the country has endured a rather large amount of rain in the past week and the weather forecast says that more rain and possible storms are on the way. The school system is on Spring break so the traffic in the city is a little lighter and a little less noisy. The special "Easter clothes" have either been placed back in the closet or dirty clothes hamper depending on the age of the celebrant. But I keep hearing a question rolling over in my mind; "What is next...? FYI: Those individuals who read this blog and attend New River will probably hear some of the answer on Sunday if not before. 

Pilate faced that question although I agree that the context was completely different than the personal one that I will reference. Nevertheless, in my opinion the question will have to be answered by each believer and non-believer. Pilate posed the question in his discussions concerning the future life or death of Christ. Matthew records the conversation in this manner; "Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified." (Matthew 27:22, KJV)

Here are some post-Resurrection questions that I felt led to share with you as we move forward in our relationship with Christ.

1) What am I doing with Jesus which is called Christ?

2) What approach do I take when I read and study the Word? Am I just reading to learn more facts or am I searching for life-changing principles that will direct my steps?

3) Do I faithfully share Jesus with others (both verbal as well as non-verbal)?

4) Would I define my relationship with Jesus as a "committed" relationship?

5) How do I approach my time of worship (both private as well as corporate)?

6) Am I willing to write down my own list of personal questions that could turn into goals and desires that I plan to put into action in my walk with Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment