Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Spiritual Emergency

Matthew 11:15, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" (NKJV)

Jesus spoke these words on several occasions and in different settings of teaching His disciples. But I personally believe that these words and this command is very pertinent to the times in which we are living. We hear a "lot of noise" coming from this culture and much of the jargon and language of this time is seeking to move us away from Christ rather than closer to Christ. BUT I must make the personal choice of choosing to listen to the correct voice and I believe that the voice of Christ is saying; "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"

The Spirit dealt with my heart this morning as I was praying. He placed the word "emergency" in my spirit as the Spirit of God was ministering to my life. The Spirit reminded me that we are very familiar with certain sounds in our world that let us know that there is an emergency taking place. We hear and identify the sounds of sirens on police cars, ambulances, fire equipment and in some areas of the country we even hear the sounds of sirens that let us know that tornadic weather is near to us. In most cases we hear these sounds and respond appropriately. 

I must interject another "BUT" into this post. But what are doing with the warning sounds that are coming from the Holy Spirit? Creation is groaning for deliverance and salvation. Daily we are hearing reports of various tragedies, atrocities, wickedness, evil, and corruption in our society. In my opinion a spirit of division, destruction, hatred and distrust is being released in our world. We can choose to ignore these sounds and signs and hope that they quickly disappear or we can choose to be proactive and respond to the Voice of God. 

Which will decision will I (you) make regarding the cries from creation. Humanity does not have the answer for the ills and challenges of life. Humanity will only create deeper problems with no satisfying life-changing answers. Our answer can be found in the word of Jesus; "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"

Will I (you) take time to listen today?

No comments:

Post a Comment