Monday, December 12, 2016

Monday's Musings

The countdown toward Christmas is certainly moving us toward that special day of celebration. The decorations are very visible. The decorative lights are twinkling through the dark of the night. The Poinsettias are being sold in various locations. People of all ages are looking forward to opening their gifts to see what surprises are hidden in the gift bag or wrapped under the beautiful paper. And last but not least Pastors are trying to develop sermons that seek to remind us of our need to NOT FORGET THE TRUE REASON FOR THE SEASON!!

Simply put there is a lot of "action" taking place and there will be even more to come in the next two weeks. I do not want to sound like an old scrooge but I do need to ask this question. Do the traditions of Christmas draw more of our attention than the TRUTH OF CHRISTMAS? At first glance that seems to be an easy question to answer. We will immediately respond that the TRUTH of Christmas means more to us than any of the other activities of that special day. And I believe that it is true BUT there is also a real need (at least in my opinion) that we must reconnect with the depth of the story of Christmas and all of the Truth that is revealed to us.

I have felt a special unction from God to reconnect with the depth of the message of Christ and the open door of revelation that was declared when Christ was born. I have also felt led to write about that inspiration as well as share my heart with our local congregation. The needs that we are facing are challenging to say the least and we need to understand that we serve a "BIG" God who is able to meet the "BIG" needs that each of us are facing. I truly believe that the story of Christmas opens our eyes to the greatness of God and prepares our heart to receive the fullness of His Truth into our hearts. Could that be the reason that the true meaning of Christmas is under such attack? Could that be the reason that the celebration of the true meaning of Christmas is being limited in various areas of of our society? Even the words "Merry Christmas" have been replaced with "Happy Holidays." But I want you to know and I want others to know that I am not celebrating a "holiday" BUT I AM CELEBRATING THE BIRTH OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!

I encourage you to take a closer look at the message of the baby in the manger!!

No comments:

Post a Comment