Thursday, February 8, 2018

Can You Hear the Spirit Calling You to Draw Near to God?

Take a moment and read the words of David in Psalm 55:16, As for me, I will call upon God, And the Lord shall save me.” (NKJV) (Emphasis Added)

I sensed the presence of the Lord during prayer this morning. It seems that over these past few weeks that the Spirit begins to remind me of His promises through the words of songs. Many of these are the songs of the present day while others are from my past days of walking with Christ. The words of these songs lead me to passages of scripture upon which I am building my faith, hope, trust and the continuing pursuit of more of God in my life.

The song today was from my past as a child growing up in church. The song is "Where Could I Go But to the Lord?" I would like to share a verse and the chorus:

Living below, in this old sinful world
Hardly a comfort can afford 
Striving alone, to face temptation's sword 
Where could I go but to the Lord? 
Where could I go, oh where could I go? 
Seeking a refuge for my soul 
Needing a friend, to help me in the end 
Where could I go, but to the Lord?
One of the tactics of satan is to lead us away from God as the Spirit is drawing us closer to God!! Have you ever sensed the enemy seeking to interrupt you from your walk with God? Why does the enemy seek to make it look so easy to somewhat set God aside for other pursuits in our lives? It seems that this world is constantly filled with either attractions or with distractions. We must learn how to defeat and overcome this tactic/devise/strategy of satan. The first step of defeating this tactic is to decide that we are going to do what is right REGARDLESS of the influence and traps of satan. I understand that is not always easy but it is always right. It seems that satan has placed and is placing many obstacles in the lives of God's people. But at the end of the day the song asks the question, "Where Could I Go But to the Lord?" The Lord God Almighty will forever remain the ANSWER for all that we need in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment