Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Tuesday's Thoughts

John 15:1-8, I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. (NKJV)
I feel led to remind us that the familiarity of attending church can become a stumbling block unless we keep our heart focused on God. We may not want to admit it but each of us face that battle and struggle from time to time. It is very evident that satan does not want each of us to connect with the heart of God. It is in the presence of God that we are changed and transformed from “glory to glory.” It is no secret that I am encouraging our local body of believers to be prepared as well as willing to go deeper in our relationship with God. We can no longer be satisfied with “surface Christianity” in which we settle with just knowing about God rather than knowing God in a personal and imitate relationship. He wants to be called “Our Father” and He desires to identify you and me as ‘His children.” An elderly man walked to his church every morning and sat quietly in the sanctuary for a period of time. One day his pastor asked him what he did during those times of silence. He said, "I look at God and he looks at me, and we tell each other that we love each other." Doesn’t that sound exciting enough to press into a closer and deeper walk with Christ?
I firmly believe that God is calling each of us into a deeper, more maturing relationship with Him. The powers of darkness are becoming more and more evident in our world which is going to demand that Christians need to remain connected to the Vine (Jesus Christ). We should desire to produce fruit that remains. This can only happen if the branch (the people of God) remained connected to the Vine (Jesus Christ). I strongly urge you to stay connected to Christ regardless of the challenges/situations that you may face. Christ is still the True Source of Hope and Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment