Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Challenges

Each one of us are facing our own unique set of challenges and circumstances. Our response to those circumstances with either produce hope or discouragement. We must turn to the Word of God as we walk through the valley of decision regarding our response to the challenges of life. As individuals as well as collectively as a nation we are facing some challenging times but we must remember that God will not forsake our abandon us; we can trust in His promises. I read a wonderful passage in James 1:2-4 today and I would like to share it with you. "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing." (NLT) All of us have faced times of trouble and until Christ comes for our soul we will continue to face those times of trouble. But we do have a choice to make; will I look for the opportunity of joy? I will not find joy in my trouble but I believe that I will find joy in knowing that God is at work in me completing what He began at my conversion. It is not always easy when we are going through the process of spiritual development but remember the reward of the process is worth the price that you had to pay. God is good even in the midst of our troubles; just stay focused on the promise of His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment