Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend Review

Due to my travel schedule I have been unable to place any updates on the blog. I was able to enjoy a trip to Decatur, Alabama on Friday and spend some time with my parents and many of my extended family members. Our family is scattered around the nation but we do our best to assemble before Christmas and spend time with each other. The more mature (sounds better than becoming older) I become the more important family becomes. In these times of crisis and uncertainty we need the strength and encouragement of our family and friends. Our family is blessed in that we have have parents who are intercessors/prayer warriors who understand the importance of praying for their family. As we approach the conclusion of 08 and the beginning of 09 each of us need to commit to be intercessors for our family members. As I traveled to Alabama on Friday, I received a phone call from Rick Phillips (Ann's brother) who felt led of the Lord to call and pray a prayer of blessing over me and my family. Before Ann's mother passed away she was a great intercessor/prayer warrior and her family is carrying on that same rich tradition. It is such a blessing to know that God uses the power of prayer and intercession to encourage the people in His Kingdom. Don't wait another day become a person of prayer today; do not overlook this important ministry in the Kingdom of God. We were privileged to be with Pastor Terry and Sue Burkhead and the Bethesda church in Shelbyville, KY for Sunday services. The presence of the Lord was very evident as we gathered to worship the Lord and exalt His name. The Lord reminded us that He is "mindful of us" and that He has promised to be with us as we journey down the road of life. Many responded to the invitation in both of the services; God is speaking to our hearts, will we listen and pay close attention to the Voice of God? I have a renewed desire to hear clearly what God is saying to me both personally as well as ministerially. This is not the time to lose our spiritual hearing; O God give us ears to hear and a heart to respond to your guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment