Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Eve of New Opportunities

We are certainly in countdown mode for 2008. In a few hours we will enter 2009 with many emotions; these emotions can be both positive and negative. As I reflect on 2008 I want to thank God for the ways that He has touched our hearts and lives throughout the year. I can remember the times that the Spirit spoke words of direction, guidance, correction, and encouragement to us. I can remember seasons in which the Spirit strengthened us during times of praise, worship, and intercession. As we prepare to see 2008 come to an end we need to thank God for His presence and for His desire to strengthen our relationship with Him. As we look forward to 2009 I anticipate God working in our lives in ways that I can not fully imagine. I desire for my dreams to exceed my memories. Certainly I am grateful but I am also hopeful as I reflect on the greatness of God and all that He has planned for our lives. I am asking God to use us in the work of His Kingdom in a greater manner in 2009. God still uses people to change the world; you can and you will make a difference in the lives of those people that you encounter in 2009. Be prepared to be bold; be prepared to be courageous; be prepared to be challenged; but also be prepared to celebrate victories in the coming year. 2009 will require that many of us step out of our comfort zone and follow Christ with fresh zeal and passion; but as we obey, God will provide what we need to answer the call. Ann and I pray Blessings on you, your family, and your journey with God in 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment