Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Protection of God

Yesterday was a travel day as I made my way to High Point, NC for the State Conference of the Church of God of Prophecy. I am looking forward to the meeting this week, Bishop Gilmer felt inspired to use the theme, "Season of Miracles." Each of the evening services will be directed toward receiving the miracles that each of us need in our lives. I am convinced that God is still a God of miracles; although this is downplayed in some "religious" circles it does not hinder God from providing His miraculous power in our lives. I anticipate a mighty outpouring of His Spirit in the meeting and I am asking you to join in prayer with me for miracles, signs, and wonders to be released in the meeting this week. Let us join our faith together in agreement; you can receive your miracle in your life as we seek God in unity. I always pray for God's protection when I leave our home for a trip whether it is personal or ministry related. Yesterday I was reminded of the need of living under the protection of God. I was traveling on East of Lexington on I-64 yesterday morning as a rain storm began to develop. I have driven through many storms over the years but never had happened to me what took place during that storm. The vehicle began to hydroplane for whatever reason and began to spin out of control. I will not go into details other than to say that the vehicle spun from the East bound lane into the median, spun around in the West bound lane, back down into the median, and back onto the East bound side. God's PROTECTION was with me as the vehicle never turned over or struck another vehicle all though they were present on the interstate. To the best of my knowledge the vehicle received no damage other than having to have some grass and gravel removed from a tire; the grass and gravel was lodged between the rim and the tire. Someone has already declared that potential terrible accident was the "first miracle" of the meeting this week. I am writing this from High Point, NC where I am preparing to preach this evening. The old song says; "Isn't God good to give so many blessings, undeserving is what we are.. ' This morning I offer God praise and glory for His mighty protection. After I collected myself this thought came in my mind, "Someone is praying for us this morning." Always remember to follow the leading of the Spirit when He places a burden on your heart; you never know what the need may be in the life of the individual for which you sense the burden. Thank God for all of those who cover this ministry call in your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Thank the Lord for his protection. I pray you have a great revival. Your sister, Shelia

    ReplyDelete