Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Weekend Services

Yesterday was a travel day as I made my way home from the NC State Conference. We stopped in Morehead, KY to visit with some dear friends whose parents have been in the hospital and are in need of healing. We are praying for the Lewis and Bailey family that God will be with them at this challenging time. On Sunday we had the privilege to minister in Greensboro, NC with Pastor George McLaughlin. Pastor and Sis. McLaughlin and the local church received us with the love of Christ and a spirit of anticipation regarding the morning service. No one who attended the service was disappointed; the Praise Team done a wonderful job leading us in the time of Christ exalting worship and the freedom to minister the Word of God was awesome. Many responded to the invitation at the close of the sermon; you could sense the release of the Holy Ghost in the lives of many as needs were being met. Pastor McLaughlin and the congregation are preparing to move into their new church facility in a few weeks and I anticipate hearing great things concerning the work of the local body. I am still convinced that God is looking for "hungry and obedient" people who will be willing to surrender their hearts to God. Sunday evening found us visiting with Pastor Ron and Alma Boyd in Altavista, VA. Sis. Boyd brought a challenging sermon concerning the need for the power of the Holy Ghost to be at work in our lives. We were blessed by the time of fellowship, worship, and prayer time; God is at work if we will listen to His Voice. The meeting in NC truly impacted my life. I have a greater desire to follow the plan of God in all that I do. We are in need of direction that can only come from God and I anticipate a mighty move of the Spirit as I continue this journey with Him. I am looking forward to the future because I am convinced that God is in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment