Thursday, August 20, 2009

Trusting God

Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil" (NLT). Many of us are sensing the desire to trust God as Solomon is instructing in this passage. But we are still housed in this body of flesh which has the tendency to trust in our wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. We don't mean to fall prey to that scheme of the enemy; yet we find ourselves struggling to identify the path that God has chosen for us to travel. I have faced those moments in my life when I sensed that inner struggle between the desire of the flesh and the leading of the Spirit. Deep in my heart I knew that I wanted to follow the leading of the Lord but the flesh would immediately identify the road that looked more comfortable, more profitable, more inviting, and even more pleasurable. But my spirit knew that God was calling me to obedience and trust. I sense many of us facing that decision today; we know that God is calling us to a deeper level of trust yet the flesh is present trying to take us down the path of least resistance. Let me remind you what the Word of God declares; "Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take." There will come a time in all of our lives in which we must rest in the strength of the promises of God and recognize the assurance that God will direct an obedient heart that is surrendered to Him. Our understanding and knowledge is limited at the very best; but God knows the end from the beginning. I am learning that there is a great reward when I trust Him in full surrender and obedience. I encourage you today to lean on the Lord and allow Him to order your steps. God rewards those who seek Him with all of their heart; continue to be a seeker of the will of God. The meeting at Harvest Church of God was anointed with the presence of the Holy Spirit. Each evening found people responding to the "Word" that was spoken directly to their hearts. I am encouraging people to recognize the fact that God desires to speak with His "family" and He is certainly desiring to add "new family" members on a daily basis. God has direction for the family of God in this hour if only we will take the time to listen with an open heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment