Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Last Night's Service

It is very seldom that I take a post and dedicate it to the previous evening's service. But last night was a very unique meeting; the presence of God would manifest Himself in a very special and heart-warming manner. The worship service was impacted with the presence of God; I truly felt the unction of the Spirit as I shared the Word that God had placed in my heart. We were able to witness several people who made the appropriate response to God and invited Him into their lives and the circumstances that they were facing. The anointing to minister to people during the altar service was powerful and liberating. I am still convinced that God desires to respond to the cry of our hearts and He desires to meet us at the point of our need. I will take this opportunity to encourage you to be open to the call of the Spirit; God has good gifts to deposit in our lives if only we will be willing to release our faith. A special lesson was taught at the end of the service. Several children and some youth continued to linger in the presence of the Spirit even as the service concluded. Some people began to make their way home but these children's prayers continued to be released toward heaven. They were crying out to God in their own sincere way and the adults in the room could sense the sincerity of these young believers. I truly believe that the spirit of intercession began to rest upon them as they unashamedly shared the feelings of their heart. I could hear them praying for their parents, their friends, their family and for each other. They did not just cry, they wept. They wept openly among the people who were now captured by the presence of the Spirit and by the manifestation of the Spirit. Several of the adults began to draw near the front of the church and a holy reverence began to overtake our hearts. God was teaching us that someone will sense His presence no matter the environment of this world. I also was reminded that I must guard my heart and not allow it to become hardened to the presence of God. It is so easy to drift into a state of "religious superiority" in which I think that I don't need anything from God. But God is reminding us that all of us have needs and that He desires to meet those needs if we will surrender our lives to Him. Words can not fully express the lesson that I was taught last night. I believe that the lives of the others in the room was also eternally impacted by the manifestation of the Spirit. I pray that we will allow God to do His complete work of transformation in our lives. We must move beyond being stirred; we must be changed. God desires to bring spiritual transformation to all of us. Will be willing to respond to the Spirit as He does His work among the people of God?

1 comment:

  1. The presence of the Lord and the impact of the Holy Spirit on the youth and children towards the end of last night's meeting brought back some memories of God's outpouring of blessing on my life at nine years of age. The Lord changed me during the end of the meeting in ways that words are difficult to express. Youth and children - God's precious harvest! THANK GOD!

    ReplyDelete