Monday, December 6, 2010

Weekend Review

I was blessed in two separate ways this past weekend.  First, I was privileged to spend some time with my parents and a large portion of my immediate family (35 to be exact) at a pre-Christmas party in Alabama.  We gathered to eat, share the stories from our past, catch up on the present, and even discuss the future with my parents and siblings.  There was an exchange of some gifts but an even greater exchange of warm embraces; kind words; and heartfelt words such as; "How are you doing?  How have you been feeling? and the most important words of all, "I LOVE YOU."  In my opinion the last words I wrote, "I love you", truly depict and describe the true meaning of Christmas.  God gave us His Son, Jesus, because He loved us.  Jesus came to earth because He loves us.  We share the Gospel story because we love and we want to see all people come into a loving relationship with the Heavenly Father.

The pattern of God's love continued to be revealed in the worship service Sunday morning at New Worship Center in Radcliff, KY.  The Call to Worship Expressive Worship ushered us into the celebration of Holy Communion in which we were able to remind ourselves of the sacrificial death of our Savior, Jesus Christ.    The Worship Team led us into the presence of the Lord through song and music.  The Word of God reminded us of the personal interest that Christ has for each member of the human race.  We saw people throughout the building respond to the awesome presence of the Lord with two ladies specifically (first time attenders) receiving a fresh reminder of the love of God.  One of these ladies rededicated her life to Christ and the other lady received from the Lord the touch that she needed.  I know that I have gone into detail today but I wanted you to grasp the true story of Christmas.  Christmas is the love of God being released to fallen and depraved humanity.  LET US REJOICE, THE TRUE SAVIOR HAS COME TO SAVE, HEAL AND DELIVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment