Monday, December 13, 2010

Weekend Review

On Saturday I was given the privilege and honor to participate in my nephew's wedding in Alabama. It is always a blessing to enjoy fellowship and celebration with my wife's family. My wife and her siblings have worked very hard to maintain a close relationship with each other even though their parents passed away several years ago. Family relationships can get lost in all of the hustle and bustle of life. I have made this statement of several occasions as I have sought to emphasize the importance of family. "Through the years of ministry I have been with several people who have passed on to eternal life and I have never heard anyone of them ask for their checkbook, their car keys, or the deeds to their property but I have heard them on many occasions ask for their family and friends." Take some time and appreciate your family. I am blessed with a wonderful family for which I am thankful. I am married to an awesome wife, we have two great sons and two precious daughter-in-laws and four of the greatest grandchildren who have ever been born (that is the truth if I have ever spoken it). Enjoy the blessings of God and express your love to your family today.

No comments:

Post a Comment