Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Weekend Review, Part 2

The weekend service was unique in many ways.  Each of us who were present realizes that God is calling us out of the natural routine of church into a supernatural revelation of the grace and mercy of God.  I truly believe that people are not just looking for a "well-oiled spiritual machine" at church but they are looking for an authentic encounter with God who can and will make a difference in their lives.  I am not saying that we do not need to have excellence in our presentation of Christ through song, drama, worship and the Gospel message.  No, a thousand times no to a lazy unprepared worship service.  As a matter of fact we need to offer to God our very best; read the first part of the book of Malachi and see the response of God to an attitude of inferior worship.  We need to focus on God and let Him know that He will receive our best offering of praise and worship and that He deserves our undivided attention and respect.  I simply believe that many of us will no longer be satisfied with the "status-quo" of religious repetition and activity and think that will replace a personal relationship and interaction with Jesus Christ.  We are moving beyond that comfort zone and we are desiring a time of divine interaction with God in which He is able to do His complete work in our lives.  I desire more that some "spiritual party" full of action and entertainment.  I desire a time of interaction in which the Spirit performs His inner working in my heart in such a manner that I leave the service transformed and energized to serve Christ faithfully.  I believe that I am seeing the beginning stages of that desire come to fruition and I am determined to press closer to the Cross so that I can fully obtain all of Christ that I need.  I want to complete this journey so that I can hear the Master say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant..."

No comments:

Post a Comment