Thursday, March 10, 2011

Worship

I attended Bible study last night which was led by the Worship Leader of New River Worship Center in Radcliff, KY.  She shared an introductory lesson concerning worship which she defined as the "development of our relationship with God."  She went on to say that worship is "allowing God to take center stage of our lives."  How many times have you been to church and worship was more about us than it was about God?  How many times have we been content with entertainment or the mere display of our gifts, talents, and abilities and yet we had the audacity to call it "worship service?" You are correct if you are discerning that my heart was challenged and encouraged by this lesson presentation last night.  I am tired of just the same old song and dance routine of a religious sideshow; I am truly desperate for a time of interaction and participation with God.  I am also learning that I must stop waiting on others to offer my worship to God.  NO ONE as gifted and talented as they may be can offer my personal worship to God.  Worship Teams only lead me in the process of Worship.  God desires to hear the praises, adoration, and thanksgiving from my words that are being spoken from a heart that is recognizing the greatness of God.  I will be sharing some of the other nuggets of truth that was spoken last night.  I sense that we must focus on the development of our heart for worship which is directly related to our heart for God.  Ask God to search your heart concerning your personal worship interaction with Him.  I desire to be a sincere WORSHIPER! 

No comments:

Post a Comment