Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Divine Intervention

The Spirit began to deal with my heart during our prayer time last night.  I was thanking God for His many blessings of provision, protection, grace, mercy, etc. when the Spirit began to remind me of the passage in Ephesians 6;12, "For we do not wrestle with flesh and blood, but (emphasis added) against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places" (NKJV). 

The Spirit reminded me of two of the principles revealed in this passage of scripture.  1) We can identify what may appear to be visible enemies (flesh and blood) but there are times that we fail to recognize that our true battle is with the unseen or invisible enemies that plot our destruction.  We must be careful and not allow ourselves to only identify those things that are visible; God has the power and authority over all of the enemies that arise against us.  2) The Spirit reminded me that God fights against those unseen (at least to the naked eye) enemies that strategically place themselves in opposition to our spiritual progress.  God is at work in our favor even when we do not realize what is taking place.  I sincerely believe that God reminded me that He defeats enemies and I may not even understand that there is a battle taking place.  I am referring to those struggles that happens in the heavenly places that may not ever reach the surface of this earth.  I truly believe that God is a God of protection who has our best interest in His thoughts as He prepares to lead us down the road of life.  I immediately began to praise God for the victories that He has won in those "unseen" battles of which I could be unaware.  Do not misunderstand me; God is at work at all times and in all situations but we just need to make sure that we give God the proper praise and honor for the victories that we receive through His power and authority. 

No comments:

Post a Comment