Thursday, June 23, 2011

Power of Faith

Last night's Discipleship class at New River Worship Center was a great blessing to me as well as a reminder that faith opens the door for God to work in our lives.  Many of us allow the enemy to overthrow our faith and weaken our faith in such a manner that we are no longer effectively placing our trust in God.  The enemy seeks to bring doubt and fear into our lives in such a manner that we no longer feel capable of trusting God through all of the situations that we are facing.  One of the participants in the class last night reminded us that even Jesus asked those who doubted to excuse themselves from the room where a miracle was about to take place. There may be times in which we need to separate ourselves from those who doubt and surround ourselves with those that still believe "that with God all things are possible."  I am not trying to deny the reality of life; no, I am simply seeking to proclaim that my (our) faith is in the Lord God Almighty who reigns over all of this earth.  Jesus declared that "all power had been given to Him in heaven and in earth."  We can believe that Christ reigns over our lives and the circumstances that we are facing.

The Lord reminded me that I do not have to be afraid or embarrassed as I call the church to prayer for the needs of people.  I looked around the room last night and I realized that I was standing among people who has personally witnessed the miracle power of Christ in their lives as well as the lives of people with which they are acquainted.  Theses individuals had witnessed the work of Christ in an up close and personal manner.  Some of them even shared personal stories/testimonies of divine encounters in which God revealed Himself as the Master of the situation that they were facing at certain moments of life.  You may be thinking, "What is this supposed to be saying to me?" This post says this to you, "God is in charge of your life and you can still approach Him in confidence with the needs that you are facing in your life."  I was encouraged to keep leading the church in prayer.  I was encouraged to keep asking for prayer requests.  I was encouraged to continue extending altar invitations to believers to bring their needs to the Lord for prayer.  I was encouraged to continue challenging the church to TRUST GOD WITH THE SITUATIONS THAT THEY ARE FACING.  Don't give up, keep on praying. 

Luke 18:1, "Then He spoke to a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart." (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment