Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Prayer

I know that I write often about the need for prayer.  Each of us as individuals face situations in which we are in need of divine intervention.  We know that only God can make the difference in the particular need that we are facing.  We are also challenged to release our faith because we do not know what method or means that God may choose to answer our prayer.  Our faith also has to be strong enough that if God chooses to say no to our requests we do not allow our faith in God to be destroyed or dismantled.  I must consistently choose to surrender my desires, needs, and aspirations to the greater plan that God has for my life and in all honesty that is not always easy.  We are always challenged when God call us out of our "comfort zone" of spiritual ease and contentment.  But there is a great reward to faith; just ask the woman with the issue of blood who had exhausted all of her avenues of help yet chose to make the effort to make contact with Christ.  Her faith was rewarded and her body was healed.

I had other ideas on my mind this morning but I felt led to encourage someones faith today.  We have several families at New River Worship Center who are facing some challenging circumstances today.  I prayed with several of them on Sunday and I continue to pray for them today.  I just encourage them as well as encourage the readers of this blog not to give up nor give in to the tactics of the enemy.  God still reigns and rules and God has the final answer in the affairs of our lives.  Even in the midst of your darkest and most difficult times do not forfeit your faith or hope through despair or discouragement.  The song, How Great is Our God, is playing in the background as I write these words.  I can sense the presence of the Spirit sending forth faith and encouragement to you today.  Feel free to email any prayer requests to me and I will be more than glad to place them on my prayer request list.  This is a time for spiritual agreement among the family of God, we must unite our faith and call on the name of the Lord.  "All things are possible to them that believe."

No comments:

Post a Comment