Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Week Review

I will take a moment and apologize to those of you who read this blog on a daily basis.  I normally update the blog early in the morning and this past week found my early morning schedule somewhat hectic because of ministerial responsibilities.  My wife often reminds me that my life is too structured and that I need to learn to make adjustments when they are needed.  I think that I can hear her saying that to me as I prepare this entry in the blog.  Nevertheless I am thankful to share with you a short update of this past week in work of the Kingdom of God.

I was blessed with the awesome opportunity to minister in the Abundant Life Church in Greenville, SC with Pastor Johnny Baker.  This was my first time to participate in a series of services with Pastor Baker and the local fellowship.  The presence of the Holy Spirit was powerful.  It is has been a while since I have witnessed a group of people who were willing to linger in the altar as they patiently waited for someone to pray with them.  Their faith was certainly rewarded as the Spirit ministered to the various needs of the individuals and we were able to identify the presence of "revival" among this body of believers.  The Pastor had been leading the congregation is a series of prayer times that focused on the need of revival in this local body of fellowship.  I have said it often but I will declare this word one more time; "Prayer still touches the heart of God."  Our sincere desire to draw closer to God will not go unnoticed by our Heavenly Father and He still responds to the cries of our hearts.  Needless to say I was blessed by this ministry opportunity and I look forward to the development of the relationship with Pastor Baker and the local ministry.  Only Heaven will fully record all of the transformation and awakenings that was released in those services.  Although much of my time is being dedicated to the ministry effort of the church plant in Radcliff, KY; I am thankful that the local Church Board supports my effort to reach out to other congregations as an extension of the ministry of New River Worship Center

I would like to share a brief update on the remodeling of the building that we have purchased in Radcliff, KY.  We are seeing much progress being made through the efforts of volunteers as well as contractors that have been hired to assist us in the process of relocation.  Our space to worship will be more than doubled when this project in completed.  We are excited about the people that God is bringing into our outreach effort as well as the progress of the remodeling of the building.  We are committed to remaining true to the call that God has placed on our hearts.  The "call from God" led us to become a place of refuge for the hurting, discouraged, overwhelmed, disappointed, detached, etc. If we are to be pleasing to the Lord and continue to receive His blessings we must remain focused on the initial direction and call from the Holy Spirit.  True success must be defined as a desire to walk in obedience to the leading of the Spirit.  That statement needs to be true about each of us individually as well as collectively as local congregations. 

The past few weekend services at New River Worship Center have been highly charged with the unction and anointing of the Spirit.  We are thankful for the freedom that we are experiencing in the times of worship, the freedom to preach the truth of God in love, and the freedom to minister to those who step forward for prayer.  Do not listen to the lies of satan; God still ministers to the needs of His people.  Do not listen to the lies of the enemy; God still cares about His children.  Do not listen to the lies of the enemy; the Spirit will lead each of us into a deeper and more mature walk with Christ.  We must lift up our hearts and realize that "nothing is impossible with God."  I have decided to turn my heart to God and realize that God is in charge of our lives and that He will work in us if we will surrender our lives to Him.  Will you join with me in that commitment?

No comments:

Post a Comment