Friday, September 30, 2011

TGIF

TGIF has become a common acronym of our vernacular in modern society. "Thank God It's Friday" has been often quoted and used in our comments as we move toward the end of our work week. In most cases when we use TGIF we emphasis "IF" which refers to our excitement over the fact that we have survived another week of life. This morning I want to take a moment of your time and emphasize "TG." I truly believe that the Spirit reminded me this morning that we need to offer sincere praise and thankfulness to God. We can easily identify our set of difficulties but how quickly do we identify the blessings from God? It doesn't take long for my troubles to be included in my conversation but how often do I make room for praises to God in my conversation? How long has it been since my family or friends have heard me declare my thankfulness to God for His blessings being released in my life? I believe that God desires to raise up in our hearts a renewed desire to offer praise and adoration to God. Thankfulness to God must become more than a Sunday morning "routine or ritual.". Being thankful to God must become an attitude of our heart as well as a characteristic of our lifestyle. The Psalmist David declared that the Lord provides each of us daily benefits. TGIF but I can also TG (Thank God) on a daily basis and not wait for a particular day of the week. The Lord is worthy of our praise and honor. Take a moment on the last Friday of September and rededicate yourself to becoming a person of thankfulness at all times and in all circumstances. Ephesians 5:20, "And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment