Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Don't Lose Focus

Prayer time this morning was interesting as God begin to remind me of something that I often share with others.  It is easy to lose the bigger picture of what God is doing in your life because we are captured by the events that are taking place at that moment.  We have to maintain our focus on God and continue to allow Him to direct our steps.  Coaches "preach" focus to their players all of the time.  Coaches realize that their team can become distracted by all of the things that take place away from the game in which they are participating.  Is this not also true for believers?  We can become distracted from our consistent walk with Christ and in doing so we lose focus on our journey and on our purpose.  The enemy's strategy is designed to lead me away from Christ and to be discouraged and overwhelmed by the spiritual battle that is taking place in my life.  The strategy of the enemy wants me to lose focus on the details of my daily walk with Christ so that I find myself just going through the motions and routines of my relationship with Him.  Coaches have made this statement after their team has been defeated on the playing field; "The team's mind was not in the game today and they did not take their opponent seriously." We can not afford to make this same mistake in our walk with Christ.

Stay focused.  Take the enemy of your soul seriously.  Walk by faith and not by sight.  Allow the Holy Spirit to direct your path and order your steps.  Don't let the daily details of life overwhelm your desire to serve Christ faithfully.  Stay committed to the cause of Christ and the work of His Kingdom in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment