Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gratitude Meter

I have been blessed in so many ways that it is truly difficult to express to God a complete and full testimony of thanksgiving but I do want to raise my gratitude meter another notch today

I am thankful for my relationship with Jesus Christ.  I was raised in a Christian home.  Attending church and being taught about God was always a part of my life.  The question was never asked, "Are we attending church today?"  The question raised in our home was, "Are you ready for church yet?'  I am thankful for my Christian roots; I do not make that statement in arrogance or religious superiority but I praise God that He placed me in a home that taught me about a relationship with Jesus Christ.  I gave my life to Jesus as a child and I faced my own set of trials through the ups and downs of adolescence.  Our Christians surroundings can not completely insulate any individual from the challenges of the enemy.  I can remember the night as a young man that I fully committed my life to Christ and began a journey that has been wonderful and rewarding.  I have not lived a perfect life by any means but I have lived a life that has allowed me to recognize the benefits of a relationship with Christ.  Life has not always been easy but I have "found a friend in Jesus" that has walked with me through the valleys and through my mountain top experiences.  I am GRATEFUL for the love that God has given to me and still shares with me on a daily basis.

I am GRATEFUL for a wonderful family.  My parents not only taught the principles of Christianity they also lived them out in their family.  I am GRATEFUL for my each of my five siblings; each of them have been a blessing to me through the years and they have been supportive of my walk with Christ.  I am certainly GRATEFUL for my wife of almost 40 years; she has stood with me and besides me as we have walked the road of life together.  My wife has taught me much about the grace and mercy of God as I have observed her share her love with many individuals through our years of Christian service.  I am GRATEFUL for our two sons, their wives, and our four grandchildren.  Each of them have brought much joy, laughter, and encouragement to me through my years as a Dad and now a "Poppy."  I am GRATEFUL for our two "adopted" children.  Ann's brother and sister came to live with us after the death of her mother.  Although that has been over 37 years ago; Danny and Marcella continue to feel like our children. I have even taught Marcella's children and grandchildren to call me Papa Mike.  I am GRATEFUL for my in laws.  Ann's parents are both deceased but they treated me as family and for that I will always be thankful.  Each of my in laws have been a blessing to me in some way or another.  They have become dear friends who have served as Prayer Partners and encouragers in my walk with Christ.  Personal Note: I could write a complete post about each of the above mentioned individuals because each of them continue to impact my life today.  To each of you I say that I love you and that I am thankful and proud to be a part of your family!

I realize that I have taken some of your time with my own personal words of gratitude.  But I hope that my expressions of gratitude will spur your heart to "count your many blessings" and begin to verbally articulate them and realize and remember that God has been good to you and that He has blessed your life with some wonderful people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment