Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Update

It is hard to imagine that it has been a week since I made my last post.  The past week has been hectic to say the least.  I do appreciate the prayers regarding the surgical procedure on my arm which took place this past Thursday. The recovery seems to be going well; I do have a significant amount of pain due to all that the Doctor did during the procedure.  I began therapy yesterday and I am looking for positive results from the therapy as well as the surgery.  I desire your continued prayer covering.  The surgery did not keep me out of the pulpit on Sunday and we were blessed with another awesome and anointed service.

New River Worship Center was saddened by the sudden passing of one of the gentlemen who attended church with us.  Bro. Jim was a wonderful man and God was doing a great work in his life.  We celebrated the home going of Bro. Jim on Monday morning.  Bro. Jim was a Viet Nam veteran who retired after 27 years of military service for our country.  We honor and respect the service that he offered to our nation and it is men and women such as him who have served and fought in various wars and conflicts that provide me the freedom to write these words today.  We will miss him but his testimony and life will live on in our memories.  Please keep his wife, children, and grandchildren in your prayers.

I  am truly thankful for what I sense that God is doing in my life.  My wife and I were involved in an anointed and Spirit directed time of prayer on Monday evening.  The Spirit began to open my heart to some of the enemies that have risen against the people of God over the years of the existence of the family of God.  The Holy Spirit began to pray through us and illuminate these enemies to my heart and I began to speak them out as the Spirit gave the utterance.  NOTE: This is not being said as a means to draw attention to myself or my wife as some special spiritual people.  But it is being said to remind us that our spiritual enemy is real and that he does have a plan and strategy to destroy the Kingdom of God that is being released among the true children of God.  I believe that the days of hypocrisy and performance based Christianity are about to be revealed and that God will receive greater glory than ever before.  I am preparing my heart to openly identify these enemies as the Spirit directs my heart over the next weeks, months, and even years.  Each of us must take a serious inventory of our lives and make sure that we are walking in a proper relationship with Jesus Christ.  After all, this is the season that we celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment