Monday, September 17, 2012

Thinking out Loud

Monday is typically a day in which I take some time a perform a mental review of the service on Sunday. I try not to be overly critical of myself yet at the same time I look for ways to do a better job in sharing the heart of God with the congregation. As I was preparing for an early morning appointment I was focusing on the preparation for the service. My thoughts went to my personal preparation as well as the preparation of the other leaders in the service such as the Worship Team, Children's Ministry, Call to Worship, etc. In the midst of my thought process it was as though the Spirit spoke these words to my heart, "What about my presence? What would have been accomplished in the service without my presence?" Then the light turned on in my head; it is true that we can place more emphasis on our preparation and fail to appreciate the presence of God. Could religious performance be defined as "human preparation and presentation of the Gospel message without the presence and participation of the Spirit?" I quickly asked God to forgive me for any portion of my thought process that was offensive to Him. Let me add that the leaders in the Worship service as well as Children's Ministries were very well prepared but I could sense that they had spent time during the week seeking the presence of God. In a broader view, remember that God never intended for you and I to deal with the issues of life only in our abilities. God desires for us to trust in Him. God desires for us to walk in the strength of His presence. Take a moment today and reflect on the presence of God that is very evident in your daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment