Monday, September 3, 2012

Weekend Review

The last few days of the previous week found me with internet connection difficulty (that hindered my posts on this blog).  Hopefully the problem has been resolved.  I was somewhat amazed when I realized how much I depend on the internet to do research as well as connectivity to friends, business associates, fellow Pastors,  as well as the brothers and sisters who attend New River Worship Center.  I also realized the frustration that I developed when that process was hindered.  I could sense my level of frustration rise each and every time that I called my internet carrier for assistance.  The problem was finally resolved after several phone calls and a visit from a technician.  The tech traced the problem to a defective phone line that was hindering my connection with the provider of the internet service.  I must add that the phone line had been in operation in my home for several years prior to the development of this problem.  My problem had nothing to do with the internet.  The flow of the information from the internet was still being sent to my home but my connectivity with that information was being hindered through faulty wiring.
 
Does that not describe many of us as believers?  God is still providing the information and inspiration that we need yet we have developed some faulty wiring in which we are failing to receive the proper transmission from God.  What if we became as concerned about our connection with God as we are about our connection with the internet?  I kept calling the help line.  I kept being put on hold as I "waited my place in line."  I kept listening to announcements and "elevator music."  Why did I endure that type of response?  I wanted my internet back up and running and I had things to do and I felt that proper internet service would assist me in accomplishing those goals.  What if we became as concerned with our broken or hindered connection with God?  What if we became as concerned with the lack of the transmission of God's direction for our lives?  What if we stayed on the "prayer line" until we received the help and answer that we needed?  Recently I have been preaching about the hindrances of satan.  He will do all in his power to interfere with our relationship with God but we do possess the power to rebuke, refuse, and defeat the power of those interferences.  We must be strong and courageous and not allow the enemy to gain the upper hand in our lives and we must learn to develop an attitude of resistance when he brings those interferences against us.

No comments:

Post a Comment