Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Opportunity

I was blessed with an awesome privilege this past Sunday night. Previously I have written about how much I enjoy sharing the Word of God in the form of a message that I believe God has placed on my heart. Sunday night found me in the pulpit of the Mt. Moriah Baptist Church in Magnolia, Kentucky. The presence of God was very evident as believers from several denominations gathered to seek the face of God. It is an encouragement to witness spiritual hunger among the family of God. I strongly believe that the modern day church must once again become hungry for more of God in our lives. We will not be able to finish our race in the power of the flesh but it will take the power and unction of the Spirit to lead us through the challenges of life. Pastor Shannon McCubbins is doing an awesome job in pointing the local congregation to the power and influence of the Holy Spirit. I told the congregation that Satan was confused on Sunday night. He was confused by the fact that believers from various churches had gathered in unity to worship and magnify the King of Kings. The old song still rings true, "I'm so glad to be a part of the family of God..." People were blessed as we prayed with each other for needs to be met. God is at work in the heart of honest hearted believers who are seeking after the correct path to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment