Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Preaching the Word

Those of you who personally know me understand that I enjoy sharing the Word of God (preaching).  It is always a pleasure as well as privilege to stand before a group of people and share the message of the Gospel.  I do not claim to the greatest Gospel communicator that has ever shared a message but I do believe that there is a message to share and that I truly enjoy those opportunities to share the Word.  I do not want to sound arrogant in making that previous statement but I do believe that people need to recognize the fact that it is possible to truly enjoy following after the heart of God in obedience to the "call" that is upon our lives.  Does that mean that every time of preaching is always easy and fulfilling?  No, not by the means of human measurements but by the measure of the Spirit it is fulfilling and rewarding to see the Word of God have an effect upon the listening audience. 
 
I sense that some preacher, teacher, or other Christian leader needs encouragement today.  I sense the urgency of this encouragement as the Spirit forms my thoughts and as I write these words for the people who needs to read them.  "Do not become weary in well doing, you shall reap if you do not faint (give up)."  Don't allow the enemy to discourage you in your walk with God.  Do not allow the enemy to confuse you with the measurements of humanity versus the measurements of the Spirit.  Jesus made an effort to go through Samaria to share the Gospel with one woman.  Jesus made an effort to share the Gospel with the lepers (outcasts) in the community in which He ministered.  Jesus shared the plan of God with His disciples yet they did not fully capture the fullness of the message until His Resurrection from the grave.  You and I may never receive the recognition of humanity but we can walk pleasing to God and hear Him share these words, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant..."  After all, isn't He the One that we seek to please and honor in all that we say and do?  O man and woman of God, lift your head today and be encouraged.  O man and woman of God, lift your heart to God today and be strengthened in your soul.  In my opinion Christian leaders are being called to finish well and I desire to be able to accomplish that goal in my life and I am sure that you feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment