Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Happy Anniversary

I will take a moment today and move away from my normal approach to posting my thoughts on the blog.  Yesterday (August 7th) was my parents 61st Wedding Anniversary.  That is a very significant accomplishment when you consider the modern day approach to marriage.  My parents viewed marriage as a commitment to one another and not just a contract between two consenting adults.  My parents certainly faced their own unique set of struggles and challenges in their lives but their love for God and their love for one another gave them the strength to face those challenges.  I am sure that my parents faced their own trials, their mistakes, poor decisions, financial challenges (they are the parents of six children), and health issues.  But they chose not to allow those moments to stop them from loving one another and the children that God placed in their home.  Each of my siblings can witness to the fact that we all knew that we were loved and that our parents were committed to our well being.  I can also add that for many of those 61 years my parents served local churches in a Pastoral ministry role and all of those 61 years they have served in a Ministerial role.  Mom and Dad, we love you and we are proud to call you our parents.  Thanks for investing your love, care, concern, compassion, and prayers in each of your children, your grandchildren, and now your great grandchildren.  We are a blessed family to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment