Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Blessings of God

I have been dilitary in placing my posts over the past few days.  Normally I enjoy sharing my thoughts earlier in the day.  I feel that my thoughts are fresh and inspired after I have spent some time in prayer and mediation.  My morning schedule has been somewhat different this week and I have failed to make the proper adjustment in sharing my thoughts.  There are some true benefits to being a person who stays in the confines of their schedule but those of us who try to operate in that manner also have to learn to be creative in making adjustments.  This week I am learning the need to make the adjustments quickly rather than waiting to find the time to do what I like to do as well as want to do.  The post this morning will be a hodgepodge of various thoughts and praises that I feel the need to share.

1)  Ann and I were truly blessed and honored this past Sunday as New River Worship Center celebrated Pastor Appreciation Day with us.  We were blessed to receive many beautiful cards, wonderful and kind remarks, encouraging affirmation, and love gifts.  We were made to feel "special" as the local body of believers took the time to honor us as their spiritual leaders.  I share this because we need to always remember that those who serve us need to be remembered and offered affirmation for the service that they share with us.  The enemy seeks to make spiritual leaders "under appreciated."  I do not want to make it sound as though I think that our spiritual leaders are "fragile" emotional people  who need extra attention so that they can survive the challenges of their area of service.  It is quite the opposite; I feel that God has blessed the family of God with some wonderful, strong, courageous, committed, caring and spiritually mature leaders.  But it is those leaders who need to know that the local congregations recognize the gifts, talents, calling, and Christian character that these true Shepherds are seeking to exude and model.  Those true servants need to know that they are loved, appreciated, and respected.  Each of us need to take time and allow our spiritual leaders know that we are thankful that God has placed them in our lives.  You will be blessed through your release of love and recognition and the leader will be encouraged through the investment that you made in their life.  One final thought; I use the word "investment" to cover more than just gifts.  The word "investment" includes your love, support, encouragement, and prayer covering.  This type of investment will bring a blessing to the leader but it will also bring a blessing to those of us who make that investment.  The Biblical principle declares that "we will reap what we sow."

On second thought, I will not place any more of my thoughts on the blog today.  I want my words to have some time to have an effect on our lives and the way we seek to under gird our leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment