Friday, August 3, 2012

The Blessings of God, Part 2

I want to continue sharing some blessings that God that has brought to my attention over the past few days.  It is so easy to become trapped and captured by the events or circumstances of life that we face that we fail to recognize the blessings that God has given to us that day.  I noticed a small insect the other day that had been captured or snared by the web that a spider had recently weaved.  Although the insect was struggling to free itself from the web it was not making much progress.  We must be careful and not allow our to hearts to grow cold and indifferent toward the blessings of God.  It is very possible that we can take for granted those wonderful and powerful blessings that God has bestowed upon us.  I want to pause this morning and reflect on the blessings that God uses to remind me of His love, grace, and mercy.

I am sitting at my desk in my home office and I hear the sounds of some voices coming from the family room.  These voices are not normally heard on a week day in our home.  They are the voices of two of our four grandchildren (our youngest son's children).  I hear words such as, "Poppy are you finished yet?"  I hear, "Poppy, Sissy want let me play on her Ipod?"  I hear, "Poppy, when are we eating lunch?"  I hear, "Poppy, can I play on your Ipad?"  I am sure that you have heard those same words from your children or grandchildren.  I am trying to think about calls that I want to make; I am trying to write my thoughts on the blog, and I am trying to plan lunch for the grandchildren.  Lunch is probably the easiest decision to make, will we eat at McDonald's or Burger King (two of their favorites)?  It dawned on me as I was writing this blog that although those two voices are interrupting my concentration they are also a reminder of the blessings of God.  God reminded me that they had the ability to speak.  God reminded me that they possessed the cognitive skills necessary to put their thoughts together in the form of questions or statements.  God reminded me that they knew that I loved them enough to provide lunch for them when lunch time arrived.  God reminded me that they possessed the knowledge to know that I loved them and that I heard them even though I did not immediately respond to their needs. 

What am I trying to say you might ask?  I am encouraging you to take the time and observe those blessings that God will place in your life on a daily basis.  Those blessings can be lost in the daily hustle and bustle of life.  I was at that point this morning and God has allowed these "voices of interruption" (did I mention that they keep coming in and out of the room) to remind me that I am a blessed man.  I thank God that we never become too old to learn a valuable lesson!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment