Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekend Reflection

I rejoice in the goodness of God this morning.  I received an encouraging text message from a friend (who also happens to serve as a Pastor) from Alabama as I was preparing to leave for church.  That thoughtful note was such an uplifting act of kindness on his part.  I checked my phone for messages at the conclusion of yesterday's service and to my surprise there was a text message from another friend in Alabama who told my wife and I that we were on her mind and that she was praying for us.  That thoughtful message brought a smile to our faces as we remembered the wonderful relationship that we have developed with that family through the years.  I was truly sensing the blessing of encouragement in my life at that point in my day but the day was not complete as of yet.  Late on Sunday evening I received an email on Facebook from a young person who had been a part of our Youth Ministry several years ago at a local church we served as Pastor.  This young lady was thanking us for never giving up on her even when she dropped out of church. We left numerous messages on her phone relaying our prayer concerns as well as our belief that God was at work in her heart and that He had a plan for her life.  She stated to us how that concern had played a major role in her re-commitment to Jesus Christ.  She is now a committed believer to Christ, she has been married for four years and is working on her Master's Degree in Counseling at a well renowned Seminary in Kentucky. 

WOW!  It was truly a day in which God reminded me that He is aware of all that we do and say for the sake of His Kingdom.  It is easy to become "weary in well doing" at different times on our journey with Christ.  But God has a way of reinforcing the promise that He does not forget our acts of service in His name.  Who can you encourage today?  Who do you need to encourage today?  Will you take the time to encourage someone today?  There are people just like me who will be truly blessed because you took the time to share an encouraging and thoughtful word with them.  Don't put off that phone call, email, text message, greeting card or personal visit any more.  Move away from procrastination and put into action those heartfelt emotions of appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment