Thursday, August 16, 2012

Expectations

I am a person that lives with high expectations on a daily basis.  I truly believe that we need to live "big" and think "big" when it comes to the things concerning God.  I do not use the word "big" to refer so much as to the accomplishments of daily living as much as I use that word to refer to the greatness of God.  We need to live under the influence and guidance of the great God who desires to work in our lives for the sake of His Kingdom.  The big expectations with which I live is not about what I can accomplish to draw the attention of man.  Rather the expectations with which I desire to live is about the revelation and the release of the Kingdom of God in and through my life.  I live with the expectation that Christ will work in me "...both to will and to do for His good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13b, NKJV).  I truly desire for my life to be lived to bring honor glory to God who rescued me from the clutches of sin and set my feet on and in a new path of life.

But is it possible that we expect more from others than we are willing to offer ourselves?  I often hear people speak about what it lacking in the church (family of God).  But I would like to ask that person this question, "What are you personally doing to make a difference in the lives of those people around you?"  It is so easy to identify what we think everybody else needs to do but exclude ourselves from that portion of the conversation.  We can easily raise our level of expectation for others and be very content to live at our same level of commitment and participation with those things that God desires to do in our lives.  Each of us should live with a high level of expectation but do not expect or in some cases demand more out of others than what you are willing to give of yourself.  There is plenty of room for spiritual improvement in all of us and I certainly recognize that need in my life.  Do not give up on yourself and do not give up on others; just continue to intercede for yourself as well as for the other members of the family of God.  After all they are our family; they deserve our love, support, and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment