Monday, April 29, 2013

Spiritual Preparation

  The Spirit continues to deal with my heart concerning "spiritual preparation." I must ask myself this pertinent question, "Do I take a serious and thoughtful stance toward my relationship with Christ?" Do I find myself just "going through" the motions of Chrisianity because those actions appear appropriate at that time? Am I more interested in impressing people than I am pleasing God? I believe that the Word of God reminds us of the need to take a serious and sincere point of view toward our relationship with God. The Word of God also speaks about the challenges that believers will face as we approach the coming of Jesus Christ. I must be prepared to face those challenges and I must be prepared to assist others in their preparation. The Apostle Paul reveals to us the battle gear and weapons that we need if we are to be successful in our war against the enemy. The uniform described is not designed purely for comfort or for a fashion statement. No, this armour is designed to give us weapons that we can use against the wiles, strategies or devices of satan. Will we choose to pick up the weapons of war or will we continue to wage war against satan in the power of the flesh? The flesh will lose the battle but the Spirt of God will triumph over the enemy and all of the tactics that he will use againtst us. Take some time and study the battle gear revealed in Ephesians 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment