Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Endurance

Hebrews 10:36, "Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised." (NLT)

Today's blog will consist to two objectives; first, it will serve as an opportunity for me to declare my trust in God and the vision/mission that He has placed in my heart. Second, I trust that it will serve as an encouragement to you to keep believing that the promises of God are going to be fulfilled or completed in your life.

During prayer time this morning I felt compelled to share this praise and testimony with you. I will not take the time to fully explain all that is taking place in my heart. My journey with Christ as a Gospel Minister began around this time in August of 1971. I have been blessed to have served in some capacity of Ministry since those early days of my life. Once I began this journey there was no looking back or turning back. It became a journey of "full steam ahead" as I began a life that would provide me with many wonderful opportunities to share the message of the Gospel. I offer God praise and honor for those past opportunities. I offer God praise and honor for the present opportunities to share that same powerful and effective message of the Gospel. And through eyes of faith, hope, and a burning passion to obey the call of God on my life I look forward to future opportunities to share that same message of the Gospel in my future days. 

That "spirit of hope and anticipation" brings me to the essence of my post today. There have been many days in my life in which I knew that God had placed a vision or should I say mission in my heart. I could sense the urgency of the moment as well as the strength of the Spirit to fulfill that mission. I have shared portions of this testimony as I traveled the roads of this nation as an Evangelist/Missionary for nearly five (5) years. Over 13 years ago God placed a "fresh mission" in my heart and soul. I began to sense, know and realize that God was calling me to a place in Him in which I had never entered. I have prayed about that mission many days in the past 13 years. As a matter of fact I prayed about it yesterday and I prayed about it once again today. Today, God encouraged me to testify to you that I still believe the fullness of His mission will come to pass at some point in my life. I have seen several glimpses of the mission being fulfilled but have not quite reached the intended purpose as of August 6, 2013. But I have come to declare that I still BELIEVE that the promises of God are true and sure. I will not attempt to fully express all of my inspiration, understanding, or vision in this brief post. As a matter of fact in some ways it is impossible to fully put into words what I sense in my heart on a daily basis. Many of you have sensed those same feelings in your heart as you felt God encourage you concerning your walk with Him. On many occasions I speak these words during prayer time, "I refuse to give up, I refuse to give in, I refuse to back down, I refuse to back away from the promises of God, I refuse to be deceived and I refuse to deceive others with a false Gospel." I make that declaration once more today in the mighty name of Jesus. NEVER GIVE UP ON THE PROMISES OF GOD, BOTH THOSE WRITTEN AND THOSE SPOKEN INTO YOUR HEART THROUGH THE PRESENCE OF THE SPIRIT! God is alive; I encourage you to walk in faithful endurance today. I publicly declare that I am still on my journey toward that divine rendezvous that God spoke into my heart over 13 years ago. 

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to share my personal praise and commitment to God and my commitment to the promises that He has spoken into my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment