Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Response to Yesterday's Post

It is always a blessing to realize that there are people who take time to read the thoughts that come from the depth of my heart. The Psalmist David spoke these words in Psalm 19:14, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." I sincerely believe that is the cry of my heart when I stand to share the Word of God as well as sit at the computer and write down the thoughts that God has birthed in my spirit. I desire to speak an encouraging word as well as a challenging word to the family of God not only through my words but through my actions in this world. God has provided me an awesome opportunity to interact with some wonderful people throughout my journey on planet Earth. Many of these people have not only challenged me to think but they have challenged me to think outside the box of my personal knowledge and understanding. That type of thinking has taught me to embrace the greatness of God and to fully realize that His "ways and thoughts" are truly higher than mine (This is not only true in perception but also in reality). Isaiah 55 can refresh your memory concerning this revelation of truth.
 
I was both blessed, encouraged and strengthened through the responses that I received yesterday through emails as well as comments that I received through social media outlets. I sincerely believe that God has people who are looking for a greater manifestation of the true presence of Christ. I am an emotional preacher to say the least and I preach with passion and with the urgency of the moment. But I hunger for more than just mere emotionalism which has its place and time within the framework of God's Kingdom. The Bible is full of examples of "spiritual outbursts" in which individuals celebrated the victories that God had won for them. Not only does the church need the emotional outbursts but I believe that we are in dire need of spiritual transformation. Our world needs people whose lives have been completely re-arranged and re-born under the influence and tutelage of the Spirit and the Word. Our world needs people whose lives have changed directions and now they are headed toward God rather than away from God. I encourage you to join with me on that journey. God is as real now as He has ever been. Let us throw off the stupor of spiritual comfort and passionately pursue a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ! I look forward to meeting you at the cross!

No comments:

Post a Comment