Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tricks of the Trade

Ephesians 6:11, "Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil."

When I was a child I was taught a song that included these words: "The devil is a sly old fox and if I could catch him I would put him in a box. Lock the box and throw away the key for all the tricks that the devil plays on me." Now I that I am older I sure wish that song was true. Would it not be wonderful to be able to capture the devil in some type of trap and stop the tricks that he uses against us? But we know that is impossible and we also understand that is not the plan of God for us. We do face the enemy but we do not have to fall prey to his tactics or devices. We have an Advocate and Paraclete who provides the weaponry that we need to defeat the devices of satan. We just need to take advantage of the weapons that God has provided for His children.

During prayer this morning the Lord once again encouraged me to remember that we cannot afford to ignore the warning signs that are all around us. We would never willfully drive through a roadblock sign that reads "Road closed due to construction." We would recognize the warning and find a different route to continue our journey. Do not become distracted by the devices of the enemy. Do not overlook the devices of the enemy. Do not neglect making the proper response to the devices of the enemy. I truly believe that the Spirit is calling for the Church to be alert and aware to the tactics of the enemy. We can prevail and triumph over the enemy if we will follow the directions found in the Word of God.  Let us "put on all of God's armor..."

No comments:

Post a Comment