Monday, August 26, 2013

Personal Reflections

As you have noticed I took a few days away from my "official" responsibilities and limited my time on any form of electronic communication. That says a lot for a man that spends much of his day in some form of communication. It seems that the modern day culture requires more and more of our time being spent in a method of communication and much of what we call "communication" is very impersonal. I often tell people that I am a "20th century man" being drug into the 21st century. I almost found myself relieved that I did not check my email account early in the morning. As a matter of fact on several days I actually waited until the afternoon before I even looked at my email account. I made that decision based on what I wanted to do rather than what I had to do. It was exhilarating to realize that I could actually function without texting, emailing, facebooking, tweeting or looking at websites so that I could gather more information and store it in my computer called a brain. I am writing this today so that you will know that I actually survived this tremendous ordeal and that I am back to my normal life of communication. I am almost sure that my readers held their breath until they could hear from the desk of Pastor Mike. Wait a minute, what am I writing? I received no communication from anyone saying that they missed me communicating with them. Go figure, I thought the world hung of every email, every tweet and every text that I sent. I guess my importance was somewhat overblown and exaggerated by my ego and views of my importance. I can't believe that no one missed my breakfast menu or my latest disagreement with my wife. I can't believe that no on missed me telling how someone at the grocery store aggravated me or the fact that I purchased a new suit that was NOT on sale. I am writing this somewhat "tongue and cheek" but I just realized that I have a lot of catching up to do so that you can fully understand what is taking place in my life. I think that I will sum it up this way; "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 

PS Old habits are hard to break so I will share it on FB and with those who follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment