Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Am I Thankful?

I Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Always be joyful. 17 Never stop praying. 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. (NLT)
 
This passage is not only exciting to read but it is also challenging to read. I had to ask myself this question, "Am I thankful?" when I read this passage a few minutes ago. I realized that the circumstances of life can bring a very real challenge to each of us. Will you take time with me to notice that "Never stop praying" is nestled between "Always be joyful" and "Be thankful in all circumstances..."? Isn't that very interesting? Is God teaching us that prayer is the key to our being joyful and thankful regardless of the circumstances that may be taking place in our lives?
 
Prayer leads us to focus on His presence and not just focus on our circumstances! Now I realize that type of action is not always easy to put into practice for anyone of us but it is always the right action to take. Prayer leads us to remember those times in the Bible as well as those times in our lives in which God has intervened and taken control of the situation. I heard several testimonies on this past Sunday night from different individuals who confirmed my previous statement. I heard of "divine interventions" in which God stepped into the moment and made a complete change in the environment of the situation.
 
I am convinced this morning that "praying without ceasing" is the link to living a life that is full of joy and thanksgiving. We must pray and never stop praying regardless of the attacks and strategies of the enemy. This morning God is teaching me (us) that prayer will be the key to our moving forward down the road of life. Life will have its share of bumps, bruises, injuries, heartaches, disappointments, frustrations, etc. but these moments also afford God an opportunity to minister to us and to those who are walking with us on the road of life.
 
Let this Thanksgiving Day serve as a reminder to pray and continue to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment